- 9Slides - A wonderful site and app for adding
video/audio narration to a presentation. Ideal for professional development or teaching a lesson.
- Animoto - One of the most popular sites/apps for creating beautiful-looking slideshows with an educational portal.
- AuthorStream - A great way to upload PPT presentations and share them with others, similar to Slideshare.
- Aximedia Slideshow Creator - A wonderful Android app for creating stunning-looking slideshows.
- Biteslide - A fantastic site for creating interactive presentations that contain all types of media with educational portal, where teachers create student accounts.
- Electric Slide - A nice iOS app that allows users
to present all styles of presentations (PPT, Keynote, etc) wirelessly.
- eMaze - A nice site that is a cross between Prezi and PP that allows users to zoom around their presentation. Best of all, a finished presentation can be embedded into a site.
- Flixtime - A cool site for mixing photos, videos, and music to create a stunning presentation.
- Haiku Deck - A amazing iPad app for creating
beautiful looking presentations with the ability to upload Creative Commons
licensed photos as well as creating charts and graphs.
- HelloSlide - A innovative site that allows a user
to add narration to their presentations simply by typing in text.
- Kizoa - A fun site for creating slideshows or collages with a built-in photo editor.
- Knovio - A nice site for adding video or audio to
a PowerPoint presentation. Ideal for Pecha Kucha style presentations.
- Magisto - A cool way to create a presentation with this video mash-up site/app.
- Muvee Cloud - Another nice video mash-up site that creates fun looking
movies/presentations by mixing and matching video and music.
- Narrable - An innovative site for adding audio to photos to create an engaging slideshow.
- Netclick - While Netclick is more of a "student
response system," it is a great way to engage an audience through the use of an interactive slideshow.
- One True Media - A fantastic video mash-up site for mixing video, audio,
and images to creating stunning presentations.
- PhotoPeach - One of my favorite sites/apps for creating an interactive slideshow with an educational portal. A user can also create a quiz embedded into a slideshow as well.
- Photoshow (Roxio) - A nice site for creating slideshows with photos, videos, and music, and sharing publicly or privately.
- PhotoSnack - A fun site for creating slideshows for blogs, FB, or Twitter.
- Popcorn Maker - One of the easiest video mash-ups sites around to creating stunning presentations.
- PowToon - Is a new (beta) and wonderful site for creating amazing animated slideshows/presentations.
- Present.me - A great site for "flipping" your classroom by adding a video narration side by side to a slideshow.
- Reel - A simple site for uploading presentations to garner feedback and self assessment.
- Slide.ly - Create a beautiful looking presentation with images and music.
- Slideful - A fun site for creating beautiful looking slideshows.
- Sliderocket - A easy-to-use site for creating visually engaging slideshows, recently purchased by ClearSlide.
- Slideroll - A nice site/app to create slideshows and publish them on the web.
- Slideshare - One of the most popular sites around for uploading and sharing presentations in a secure environment.
- SlideShark - A nice iOS app for view and editing PPT on the iPhone or iPad.
- Slideshow Creator - SSC on Google+ is probably one of the most popular way to create slideshows in a safe environment for students.
- Smilebox - A very popular site for creating beautiful-looking slideshows, collages, presentations and more.
- Soo Meta - A wonderful site for "flipping" a classroom and creating excellent looking presentations that can be embedded into a blog or site. Also, there are nice features such as: the ability to embed a poll into a presentation, track usages statistics, and more.
- Speaker Deck - A great site for uploading a PDF then turning it into a
slideshow that can be embedded into a site or blog.
- Swipe - A new (private beta) site for creating beautiful-looking slideshows that can be used on any device.
- TotSplash - An innovative presentation and brainstorming tool for creating engaging presentations that can be embedded into a site/blog.
- Vivapitch - A nice plugin for PPT and Android to engage audiences on mobile devices.
- Vizlingo - A cool site for making a slideshow out of text.
- Vuvox - A great site for creating stunning presentations and slideshows.
- WebSlides - A neat way to turn Diigo bookmarks into interactive slideshows.
School year is almost here and you know it will be time to complete one of those every pending presentations for class. With this nifty article from Tech and Learning you'll be able to produce those publications in a flash!
Earn EXTRA INCOME! Sign up for FREE:Teachers Pay Teachers
Valerie Bourbour is a certified educator and past Co-Director of The Academy of Ormond Beach. Ms. Bourbour has experience in online learning platforms and aims for student success.