- 9Slides - A wonderful site and app for adding
video/audio narration to a presentation. Ideal for professional development or teaching a lesson.
- Animoto - One of the most popular sites/apps for creating beautiful-looking slideshows with an educational portal.
- AuthorStream - A great way to upload PPT presentations and share them with others, similar to Slideshare.
- Aximedia Slideshow Creator - A wonderful Android app for creating stunning-looking slideshows.
- Biteslide - A fantastic site for creating interactive presentations that contain all types of media with educational portal, where teachers create student accounts.
- Electric Slide - A nice iOS app that allows users
to present all styles of presentations (PPT, Keynote, etc) wirelessly.
- eMaze - A nice site that is a cross between Prezi and PP that allows users to zoom around their presentation. Best of all, a finished presentation can be embedded into a site.
- Flixtime - A cool site for mixing photos, videos, and music to create a stunning presentation.
- Haiku Deck - A amazing iPad app for creating
beautiful looking presentations with the ability to upload Creative Commons
licensed photos as well as creating charts and graphs.
- HelloSlide - A innovative site that allows a user
to add narration to their presentations simply by typing in text.
- Kizoa - A fun site for creating slideshows or collages with a built-in photo editor.
- Knovio - A nice site for adding video or audio to
a PowerPoint presentation. Ideal for Pecha Kucha style presentations.
- Magisto - A cool way to create a presentation with this video mash-up site/app.
- Muvee Cloud - Another nice video mash-up site that creates fun looking
movies/presentations by mixing and matching video and music.
- Narrable - An innovative site for adding audio to photos to create an engaging slideshow.
- Netclick - While Netclick is more of a "student
response system," it is a great way to engage an audience through the use of an interactive slideshow.
- One True Media - A fantastic video mash-up site for mixing video, audio,
and images to creating stunning presentations.
- PhotoPeach - One of my favorite sites/apps for creating an interactive slideshow with an educational portal. A user can also create a quiz embedded into a slideshow as well.
- Photoshow (Roxio) - A nice site for creating slideshows with photos, videos, and music, and sharing publicly or privately.
- PhotoSnack - A fun site for creating slideshows for blogs, FB, or Twitter.
- Popcorn Maker - One of the easiest video mash-ups sites around to creating stunning presentations.
- PowToon - Is a new (beta) and wonderful site for creating amazing animated slideshows/presentations.
- Present.me - A great site for "flipping" your classroom by adding a video narration side by side to a slideshow.
- Reel - A simple site for uploading presentations to garner feedback and self assessment.
- Slide.ly - Create a beautiful looking presentation with images and music.
- Slideful - A fun site for creating beautiful looking slideshows.
- Sliderocket - A easy-to-use site for creating visually engaging slideshows, recently purchased by ClearSlide.
- Slideroll - A nice site/app to create slideshows and publish them on the web.
- Slideshare - One of the most popular sites around for uploading and sharing presentations in a secure environment.
- SlideShark - A nice iOS app for view and editing PPT on the iPhone or iPad.
- Slideshow Creator - SSC on Google+ is probably one of the most popular way to create slideshows in a safe environment for students.
- Smilebox - A very popular site for creating beautiful-looking slideshows, collages, presentations and more.
- Soo Meta - A wonderful site for "flipping" a classroom and creating excellent looking presentations that can be embedded into a blog or site. Also, there are nice features such as: the ability to embed a poll into a presentation, track usages statistics, and more.
- Speaker Deck - A great site for uploading a PDF then turning it into a
slideshow that can be embedded into a site or blog.
- Swipe - A new (private beta) site for creating beautiful-looking slideshows that can be used on any device.
- TotSplash - An innovative presentation and brainstorming tool for creating engaging presentations that can be embedded into a site/blog.
- Vivapitch - A nice plugin for PPT and Android to engage audiences on mobile devices.
- Vizlingo - A cool site for making a slideshow out of text.
- Vuvox - A great site for creating stunning presentations and slideshows.
- WebSlides - A neat way to turn Diigo bookmarks into interactive slideshows.
School year is almost here and you know it will be time to complete one of those every pending presentations for class. With this nifty article from Tech and Learning you'll be able to produce those publications in a flash!
Be sure your virtual immunizations are up to date and your passport is current
before you set off on your whirlwind tour of some interesting countries in Asia. In each country you will be met by a guide who will show you some of the most interesting things about his or her country. You’ll learn about different aspects of the culture of each country, such as the importance of ancestors in Japan and respectful body language in Vietnam. Find out about special foods, the sports played in each country, and watch short videos of many events. There are several
activities to try, and for teachers, a guide that has the learning goals for
late elementary school students that are covered on this journey. -Taken from Tech and Learning
Looking for a test creator as an enrichment tool? Then Gnowledge will be an invaluable tool to help your child in future assessments. This has to be hands down, one of the best collaborative quize/test-creation sites around. This excellent looking site should be one that doesn't fall into the inevitable Internet wasteland due to under use from its patrons.
"Everyone is a student for a time period in one's life. As a student, we
practise exercises, do coursework and sit for exams. This applies to all
students worldwide, regardless of the syllabus. We aim to democratize education
by advocating community-generated content and assessment for every conceivable syllabus worldwide. What does this mean?
We want you to be able to access our whole breadth of exercises and test papers for free! You can search by title, subject, grade, school and/or country, so finding exactly what you need to practise on is easy.
You will also get the opportunity to be an influencer! Share your expertise by creating exercises or test papers and pass these on to others so that they can learn from you too. Anything you publish can be accessed by anyone who logs onto Gnowledge.
We hope to empower you and the world to help yourselves and each other. Let us all democratize education so that we may be better students in academics and in life together." - Gnowledge
Tech and Learning has just posted a wonderful article concerning Internet Gaming. With school starting up, make sure you have your resources available to help that special student of yours make the grade. Read on, and check out the hotest sites available for online learners.
40 Sites for Educational
If you are not familiar with word clouds, than here is a new idea to add pizzazz
to projects that will be upcoming this year. Wordle offers Free software than can be utilized by teachers, academic learning coaches, or students. What a great way to use an unique idea for all types of reinforcement.
You simply input a bunch of text, URL, or del.icio.us tag and Wordle creates the word cloud for you. Simple, easy, and fun! What a wonderful way to incorporate technology into your various lesson activities.
"Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide.
The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the
source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color
schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like.
You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with
your friends." - Wordle
Here is a valuable site for Academic Learning Coaches. Pause for Later is a God send when trying to organize an already busy lifestyle and aiding your child's education at the same time. With this FREE website you can download videos and pause them when the need arises.
Simply sign up, and download appropriate video content. This way, you can view the material with your child, ask appropriate questions to ensure comprehension and pause it if dinner is calling. Then come back to the exact spot you left off.
Remember, being an Academic Learning Coach can be stressful. You may have added this to your already full plate not realizing the time it demands. Anything you can do to take the stress off will be beneficial to you and your child. Being there only a short time ago reminds me of all the tools I deemed necessary for my own survival. This one is tops!
Are you familar with VoiceThread? It's a tool for onversing by means of a different media. It's one of the best ways to talk about and share your images, documents, or videos. You create your VoiceThread, and others leave comments by telephone, text, webcam, microphone, or file upload. What a really cool resource for an upcoming project!
With VoiceThread, group conversations are collected and shared in one place from anywhere in the world. All with no software to install.
VoiceThread is a collaborative, multimedia slide show that holds images, documents, and videos and allows people to navigate slides and leave comments in 5 ways - using voice (with a mic or telephone), text, audio file, or video (via a webcam). Share a VoiceThread with friends, students, and
colleagues for them to record comments too.
Users can doodle while commenting, use multiple identities, and pick which comments are shown through moderation. VoiceThreads can even be embedded to show and receive comments on other websites and exported to MP3 players or DVDs to play as archival movies.
Does your child need a vocabulary boost? Vocabulary.com offers FREE sign up and usage to enhance basic vocabulary skills. This website offfers more than 40,000 questions for helping students imporve their vocabulary. It creates a model of students' knowledge with which to track their progress. Various judges liked its ease of use and raved about the adaptive technology, which helps students learn tough words.
Regardless of your education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help you to
master the words that are essential to academic and business success.
David Kapuler, well-known educational consultant, offers a collection of sites in his one-hour professional development programs. He updates this program at least twice a year offering other volumes on Slide Share. The first two versions were such a success that he has been prompted to continue his venture in the future. The last volume received 21, 000 views alone!
Feel free to click above and check out the latest websites offering free enrichment and resource programs. These resources span from the early learner to the professional and will add keen insight to projects, technology, or other aspects of educational learning and even blogging! It only takes a few minutes, and you'll be subjected to sites you weren't aware of because Mr. Kapuler does all the work!
If you have an upcoming project that requires various architecture, then Pics4Learning is one site to bookmark. Pics4Learning is a safe, free image library for education. Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and images for classrooms, multimedia projects, web sites, videos, portfolios, or any other project in an educational setting. No need to worry about copyright infringement here.
The thousands of photos in this collection are approved for use in the
classroom and indexed and sorted in order to maximize their effective use by
students in a 21st century classroom. - Pics4Learning